Adrenalin Activities Australia
Brewery & Distillary 5Q6MPQGG+63
- Packages start from AU$275.00
Select a Package
Aboriginal Cassowary Adventure & Chasing Waterfalls Full Day Tour
* Photograph the majestic Cassowary (we have a 95% success rate of finding and photographing the Cassowary each day).
* Enjoy an easy 45 minute walk with an indigenous ranger, listening to the dreamtime stories of the cassowary, the evolution of the landscape and the cultural heritage of the indigenous tribes over the last 60,000 thousands of years.
* Float in the cool, clear waters of 'Babinda Boulders' a stunning swimming hole, a magnificent serene environment with luscious rain forest surroundings .
* Enjoy a delicious lunch by the water.
*Try your hand at basket weaving using palm leaves !
Join us on an adventure of a lifetime to photograph the majestic female matriarch, Cassowary, that has been roaming this ancient rain forest for over 40 years. This is your chance to witness the beauty of nature and capture a once-in-a-lifetime moment with your camera, (we have a 95% success rate of finding and photographing the Cassowary each day).
Our easy 45 minute walk will take you along a flat path, around the lush rain forest, along beach front, and over a streams, to the sites where Cassowary resides.
Our swimming location for the day is 'Babinda Boulders' a stunning swimming hole surrounded by lush and vibrant rain forest. It is home to an abundance of bird-life and natural beauty.
The area is made up of fast flowing creeks that weave through huge granite boulders, creating a unique landscape that cannot be found anywhere else.
After a short rain forest walk through the rain forest to the Devil’s Pools lookout, we enjoy a delicious lunch, whilst you will learn about the famous Yindinji Indigenous Legend that gave these beautiful pools their eerie name. Float in the cool, clear water and enjoy your serene, luscious rain forest surroundings.
Be prepared for an unforgettable experience that sweeps you back in time, a day filled with Indigenous Culture, Cassowary and exploring the waterfalls and freshwater streams.
Please dress in sun-safe, light clothing, with a hat and bring a water bottle to keep hydrated.
**Please note guests cannot take a selfie or a photo “with” the cassowary – you can take photos of the Cassowary from afar. Guests must always stay behind the guide and must follow all instructions from the guide.
Low levels of fitness required
Available 6 days per week (Monday – Saturday)
Maximum of 15 people per group
Activities are weather dependent and as a result the order in which the tour is conducted may vary
Local indigenous keepsakes and art are available for purchase
What to bring
Tips for the Tour
- Patting is prohibited of Cassowaries – buffer zone of 15 meters enforced
- Look but do not touch nature
- No feeding animals
- Leave only footprints, no rubbish; we cherish our sacred Country
- people Group Size: From 1
Secure your booking with a deposit
- check4.99 per person
- checkUp to 31 days before event
today Check Availability
comment Latest Reviews
No Reviews Available.
Maps and directions used on our website are for guide purposes only. Please use the directions supplied with your booking confirmation when making travel arrangements.
Venue Ref: 1019226-252